Join SIF yahoogroup, get answers..

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My case is a classic example of how 498 A IPC is misused- Prashant

Actor breathes easy

On May 23, the Saidapet Court, acquitted actor Prashanth of all charges filed against him by his wife Grihalakshmi, who according to the police had misrepresented facts and accused him of dowry harassment case.
Breaking his three-year-long silence on the issue, Prashanth said, “My case is a classic example of how Section 498 A of the IPC, which protects women against dowry harassment has been misused (by my wife Grihalakshmi). The actor, who was accompanied by his lawyer P.Anand said, “Despite her giving false testimonies to the media and tarnishing my image, I never reacted against her as she was going to bear my child at that time. To my shock, she was already married to someone else. I sourced all documents to substantiate this and I did not go to the media. Instead, I resorted to the law in which I have immense faith.” When asked about his son, the actor said, “I want him back. I have filed a petition with regard to this and I am going to fight for him.”

No comments: